The variety of options available makes the winter sport resort Turracher Höhe an excellent choice for any type of ski break, whether you prefer skiing, carving or snowboarding:
- A total of 38 kilometers/23.6 miles of varied slopes for skiers of all levels of proficiency.
- 14 ski lifts (one combined installation of a 6-seater chair lift and a 8-seater gondola, three 6-seater chairs, 8 T-bars and 1 rope tow).
- Lift operating hours: 9 a.m until 4 p.m.
- Ski schools instructing downhill and cross-country skiers, carvers and snowboarders
- Equipment rental
- Night skiing every wednesday from 8 to 9.30 p.m. at the Übungswiesenlift
- Cross-country tracks (15 km/9.3 miles from easy to difficult) – trail map (pdf)
- Nocky-Flitzer, the spectacular alpine roller coaster
- Ice-skating on lake Turracher See
- Winter hiking trails (25 km/15.5 miles)
- Guided snowshoe excursions
- Expeditions for children
- Night tobogganing each Tuesday and Thursday from 8 to 9.30 p.m. at the Sonnenbahn chair lift
- Ice curling
- "Alpin+Art+Gallery" museum with newly launched special exhibition in December 2010:"Amethyst – queen of precious stones".
- Mountain church
Turracher Höhe ranks among one of Austria’s most snow guaranteed skiing areas thanks to high altitude location and full coverage by artificial snowing facilities. Known for an early start to the winter season – last year on 22 October 2011 through 1 May 2012.
On “2,205 m around Turrach"
"2,205 m/7,324 ft around Turrach" offers the option of going round Turracher Höhe via slopes and lift facilities either clockwise or counter clockwise - a uniquely sportive ski & nature experience...
The ski resort famous for its "sensational extras"
Attractive ski runs as well as comfortable lift facilities are a matter of course. The “many little extras“ that await the village’s visitors and make Turracher Höhe so special include:
- Free deck chairs, scattered all around the area’s most beautiful spots for skiers to enjoy the sun, the mountain scenery and the colorful hustle and bustle on the slopes.
- Turrach’s Slope Butler cruising the area to be at the skiers’ service in a Mercedes-fashion skidoo, serving a glass of sparkling wine, distributing small treats among kids, taking care of the guests’ needs and giving assistance if required.
- The "Living room" at the bottom of the Kornock station has become a popular meeting place for everyone. Take a break, warm-up and watch major sports events live on a big screen in a relaxed atmosphere.
- "s’Wärmflaschl" (hot water bottle) at the top of the Sonnenbahn station is another place in the ski area to warm-up.