Between November and early May the varied winter wonderland Turracher Höhe with its snow assured slopes, reaching up to 2,205 m in altitude, attracts visitors with scenic cross-country trails, winter walking paths and a mountain lake which turns into an ice skating rink in winter.
Among the many advantages of the resort are its high altitude location and manageable size offering excellent conditions no matter whether you are skiing, boarding, cross-country skiing, winter and snowshoe hiking, walking, ski touring, ice skating or night tobogganing. Those looking for more riding fun away from the wide and impeccably groomed slopes will find that extra kick on the Funslope Turracher Höhe – which is one of the largest of its kind worldwide with a total length of 850m! Upgraded with new features, the Snowpark, which was built last year, is sure to excite rookies and pros alike.
The winter sport region Turracher Höhe offers great conditions for skiers, carvers and snowboarders alike:
- 38 kilometers of varied slopes of different levels of difficulty
- 13 cable cars and ski lifts (one combi lift of 6-person chair and 8-seater cabin, three 6-person chair lifts, 7 drag lifts and one rope tow)
- Lift operation: 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Ski schools for skiers, carvers, snowboarders and cross-country skiers
- Equipment rental
- Snow- & Funpark and Funslope
- New 2014/2015: SpotsOn Cameras in Snow- & Funpark
- Nighttime skiing on Wednesdays from 8 - 9.30 p.m. at the practice lift
- Cross-country trails (15 km from easy to demanding) - trail map (pdf)
- Nocky Flitzer - the spectacular alpine roller coaster
- Ice-skating on lake Turracher See
- Winter hiking trails (25 km)
- Guided snowshoe hikes
- Children expedition
- Nighttime tobogganing on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 - 9.30 p.m. at the Sonnenbahn lift
- Traditional ice curling
- "Alpin+Art+Gallery" museum with special exhibition "Amethyst-queen of gemstones"