Turracher Höhe, the winter paradise – the very individual ski resort on the border between Carinthia and Styria
A winter vacation on the Turracher Höhe is one thing above all: varied.
This tourist region at an altitude of 1,763 metres is a multifaceted winter paradise: with snowy pistes (up to 2,205 m), wide ranging cross country skiing tracks, unique winter hiking routes and an idyllic mountain lake that in winter is transformed into a natural skating rink.
The Turracher Höhe is therefore the perfect winter vacation region, not only for skiers but also for snowboarders, cross country skiers, winter and snow shoe hikers, walkers, ski mountaineers, skaters and night tobogganers.
The winter sport region Turracher Höhe offers great conditions for skiers, carvers and snowboarders alike:
- 42 kilometers of varied slopes of different levels of difficulty
- 14 cable cars and ski lifts (one combi lift of 6-person chair and 8-seater cabin, four 6-person chair lifts, one 2-person chair lift, 7 drag lifts and one rope tow)
- Lift operation: 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Ski schools for skiers, carvers, snowboarders and cross-country skiers
- Equipment rental
- Snow- & Funpark and Funslope
- New 2016/2017: Kids slope, Husky Workshop
- Nighttime skiing on Wednesdays from 8 - 9.30 p.m. at the practice lift
- Cross-country trails (15 km from easy to demanding) - trail map (pdf)
- Nocky Flitzer - the spectacular alpine roller coaster
- Ice-skating on lake Turracher See
- Winter hiking trails (25 km)
- Guided snowshoe hikes
- Children expedition
- Nighttime tobogganing on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 - 9.30 p.m. at the Sonnenbahn lift
- Traditional ice curling
- "Mythos Edelstein" museum with special exhibition